Yesterday, I happened to see a link (http://authors.packtpub.com/content/game-development-fanatics-invited-write-packt) that I found relatively interesting.
Of course, the very next thought was “where am I going to get the time to write?” I’ve already got the job, the school, my house, and my website. I’m about to start my garden, and spring cleaning is happening very soon.
And the thought after that was “I wonder if I left the ‘right of first refusal’ in the last writing contract I had.” I’ll have to check the contract, but it is a pretty standard clause, but one that I used to negotiate out of. Of course, since I am no longer much of a published writer, I may not have cared as much, figuring I wouldn’t write much more anyway. I honestly cannot remember.
In website news, I’ve got nothing. I’m still working on the login system. I’ve got most of a prototype ready. Like everything else, I don’t get a lot of time.
The following is the Feature List for Connect! :
- Differently sized boards (4×4-16×16).
- Improved win notification, involving an animated cheerleader icon from IconBuffet.
- Timed play, starting only after the first move is made.
- The ability to choose a random seed/game number, so that the same board may be generated again.
- A “Give Up”/”Solve” button.
- Improved graphics.
- Help file, including tips and trick for solving a puzzle.
- A tool that allows one chain of connected nodes to disconnect all nodes within it(Hammer Tool).
- Three “Levels” of play, Beginner(will not allow nodes to create isolated pockets nor loops), Intermediate(will not allow nodes to create loops, but will allow isolated pockets), and Expert(go ahead and loop and isolate all you like).
- The ability to save and restore the board state (a single save/restore point) .
- The ability to “lock” connections that the player “knows” are correct.
- Improved load times.
- Title Screen.
- HTML + JS on PlayDeez.com
- Adobe Air
- Google Gadget
- Yahoo! Widget
This is a traditional first post. Typically, a blog’s first post points out that it is the first post in the blog. This means that the first post is breaking one of the fundamental rules of blogging, which is not to blog about blogging.
This blog is meant to go alongside http://www.playdeez.com and to chronicle the developments there. Currently, I am working on a new game, tentatively titled “Connect!”, which you can see here.
Oh, and this is the first post.