Yes, I’ve reached the “90%” stage of doneness with the loader. This means, of course, that I’ve gotten nearly all of the tags loading (I’m down to half a dozen, all concerned with the player state, which is much more complex than any other part of the game).
After those are done, I’m on to the SECOND 90%, which is determining why it doesn’t work. I’ve done enough of things like this to know that there are about 10 different ways that I did this wrong that I’ll have to fix. 8 of them are really simple fixes, and 1 of them will have me scratching my head for days, and the last one will make it out into the field and be reported by a player, require a massive change to the software such that the old savegames will no longer work with the new software.
Viva la 90%!