Above is a picture of my computer setup at home.
The setup consists of:
1) the screen(83″ 4:3) Cost: $150
2) the projector inside of a tv stand modified into a roll cart. the bottom part of the cart contains most of the wires for the rig. Cost: $500 for projector, and I think $50 for the cart, the casters, and various extension cords and power strips.
3) the computer, which does not fit inside the cart. I need to figure out some way to attach it. Cost: $450, plus $80 for the video capture card, plus another $30 for the wireless ethernet card.
4) a 36″ piece of 2×12 (sits across the arms of the recliner I sit in) Cost: can’t remember, but this was a part of a 10′ section at one point. The rest of this particular piece of lumber is a base for my bathtub.
5) wireless keyboard and mouse . Cost $25
6) external hard drive where my SVN repository is (inside the cart) Cost $100
A little less than $1400, and I can develop software on my wall with my feet up.
I also watch tv with it, and I’ve got a gamecube connected into it.
Truly, the only way to develop software.